What is my role as an Instructional Coach?
Although my primary focus at the beginning of the year is working with new teachers, I am here to support all teachers. How can I help? Here are a few ideas:
- collaborate with teams to set goals, design assessment and evaluate student work
- model lessons
- co-plan and/or co-teach lessons
- observe lessons and give feedback
- locate resources
- dig deeper into a topic to improve classroom instruction
- integrate technology into classrooms
A few things to remember…
- My job is not to evaluate you. My job is to support you.
- I am in this job because I love kids and teaching is my passion. I would love to be involved in your classrooms working with students or doing whatever you need to be the best teacher you can be.
- I don’t have all of the answers. In fact, you know more than I do. I do, however, have the time to find answers and dig deeper.