This week I found a few different resources so please excuse my lack of focus and enjoy a little bit of every subject area!
Question starters for kids- get your students speaking and listening to one another
Brain Break conversations!
Math Journals! One thing that has always been a struggle for many of our students is explaining their thinking! We need to give student many opportunities to explain their math thinking. This past week I came across a blog from the Daily Five site!
Students often benefit from writing prompts to help get them started. Here are some examples:
- I think the answer is ______________ because_____________.
- A different way to solve this problem is _________________.
- I don’t understand ________________.
- The mistakes I most often make are __________ because ________.
- What I like best is _______________ because _____________.
- The most important part of solving this problem is to remember ________.
- What I know about ___________ so far is _______________.
- I knew my answer was right when _______________.
Apps for Kindergarten and 1st grade! I have not checked all of them out yet so please look at them first. Let me know what you think!
Brain Breaks in the classroom: Move it!
Checks on student learning: